Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Blog 6

I could only come up with one possible topic for my next long essay, since there are not many significant events in my life that I can turn into being a life lesson that I learned either from those experiences or from realizing it later on in life.
For this essay, I thought about talking about my struggle through life as a creative writer.  I had made at least 3 or 4 separate attempts at writing a science fiction novel, each time I either lost what I had written under certain circumstances, or completely lost all motivation to continue what I was writing due to certain reasons.  In this essay, I'll use each attempt I made at writing a novel, what I learned while writing those attempts, how people reacted when they learned about what I was writing, and how I apply what I learned not just in my writing today, but also how I see the world today through the eyes of a writer.  I'm not entirely certain how I will go about tying this in metaphorically to life lessons, but I'm a creative writer, so I'm fairly certain I will know how to approach this next long essay.  Perhaps, I could link what I learned from each attempt at writing a novel to a struggle within myself as I try to figure out who I am or where I want to go in life, maybe even using the type of story I was writing to describe what I was struggling with within myself.

And sorry about the inactivity on my blogs lately, professor.  I haven't exactly been feeling very motivated lately in a few of my classes due to stress.  But I'm trying to keep up and catch up with the work load as best as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment