Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Blog #8

For the short essay, I have one thing in mind; my experiences, considerations and contemplations on knowing when to say and not say certain things in a conversation.  I'm not entirely sure at the moment how I want to go about writing this essay, but I do know that although this will be about thinking before speaking, I probably won't have much along the lines of dialogue.  Just little memory snippets of scenes where I am in conversation with people, and sometimes I will think before I say what I want to say, other times I will not think before I say what I want to say and end up looking stupid after saying it.  These scenes will all lead to me contemplating in the end whether or not what I did and did not say was or would have been appropriate to the conversation, and describing how what I said to the people in conversation affected them(i.e., whether they were uncomfortable speaking about what I said or if they were indifferent, or whether they had something to say in response to what I said).  I'll most likely cut this down to about...maybe two or three scenes so as not to spend too much time on each scene.  Still unsure of what scenes I'd like to use, since I have an infinitely large selection of them where I end up saying something stupid.  But I'll most likely end up using the more significant conversations and scenes that I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment